Saturday, March 17, 2007

Firsts


There are many great “firsts”. These are firsts that give you that sense of accomplishment you can brag about at the water cooler. First place in the church fantasy football league is good. First in line for the latest and greatest video game system might be your bag. That first new shiny red Corvette, well, need I say more? None of these pertain to me (and I am bitter about the fantasy football league but I’ll blog about that later.)

Then there are the firsts that stretch you a bit. The first workout after a few years of over-eating…err…not working out. The first couple of days after quitting that terrible habit your said you’d quit on January 1st. The first faith-fueled move to a new city to start over because God said to do it. These are the “firsts” I am talking about.

Today I am starting a “first”. This is the first blog entry for “Filter”, the youth ministry at Legacy Fellowship. I am the youth guy. You can call me Dave. This being the first entry, I will get the confessions out of the way. I have been resting on my laurels for weeks, maybe even months about this. Forgive me, I am slow. But I will make it up to you. This will be a very coolish blogspot.

This is the first blog post of the first youth ministry I have been deemed responsible enough to lead. When someone forgets about God’s grace, remember this. For it is only because of His good grace that I am where I am today, and I am thankful.

This is the first blog post of the first youth ministry I have lead that is part of the first church-plant I have been a part of.

I am preparing for lots of stretching. I am preparing for lots of growth. I am preparing to Filter through this life.

God bless.

No comments: